ELECTRONIC PRESS KIT - MUSIC
Singer-songwriter Elsie Morden takes a colourful approach to the country music genre, infusing both pop and rock sounds into her music inspired by Kacey Musgraves, Brandi Carlile, and Taylor Swift. With songs about love, longing, perseverance, and hope all told through a polished lens of honest and heartfelt storytelling, Elsie has a unique ability to connect with audiences.
The 25-year-old natural entertainer already has several impressive performances under her belt including Dauphin's Countryfest, Canaan Mountain Music Festival, The Diamonds in the Rough Showcase at Canadian Country Music Week, The Winnipeg Folk Festival, and Nova Scotia Music Week. Elsie has shared the stage and performed at events with Ria Mae, Alan Doyle, JoJo Mason, Neon Dreams, Rose Cousins, Old Man Luedecke, Sierra Noble, Christina Martin, Petric, Burry, Pillow Fite, and The Town Heroes. She was chosen to participate in the 2019 SOCAN Song House at the East Coast Music Association Awards in Charlottetown, PE. The 2017 Music Nova Scotia Country Recording of the Year Award Nominee and Manitoba Country Music Association Female Artist of the Year Award Nominee’s self-titled, debut, full-length album was co-produced and written entirely by Elsie Morden. The album reached #28 on iTunes and has over 650,000 streams on Spotify.
The "Elsie Morden" album features the talents of Dave Wasyliw (Doc Walker), Murray Pulver (Doc Walker, Crash Test Dummies), Ariel Posen, Cody Iwasiuk (The Bros Landreth, Begonia, Don Amero), Brennan Wall (Jess Moskaluke, David James, Bobby Wills), Joey Landreth (The Bros Landreth), Kenny Byrka (Sleddogs), Shawn Dealey (Doc Walker, Counting Crows, Avril Lavigne), Rich Chycki (Rush, Aerosmith, Pink), and Rob Wells (Ariana Grande, Justin Bieber, Selena Gomez).
Elsie’s single "Be Mine” cracked the top 100 songs on the BDS Canadian Country Radio Chart and "Spontaneous” received support from 46 stations across Canada including Sirius XM Channel 171 CBC Country.
Elsie is a national ambassador for Kids Help Phone and the Founder of registered Canadian charity No Time for That. She has performed for over 600 schools across Canada speaking about bullying prevention, mental health awareness, neurodiversity awareness, LGBTQ2S+ visibility, and youth empowerment - directly impacting over 150,000 students. In 2020, she was recognized as one of Atlantic Canada’s Top 30 Under 30.
The multi-talented artist is currently working on her next single release and second full-length album.
- Music Nova Scotia Country Recording of the Year Award Nomination for "Elsie Morden"
- The Coast's Best of Halifax Award Nomination for "Best New Artist"
- MCMA Female Artist of the Year Award Nomination
- MCMA Emerging Artist of the Year Award Nomination
- MCMA Song of the Year (Songwriter) Award Nomination for "Be Mine"
- MCMA Music Video of the Year Award Nomination for "Be Mine"
- MCMA Album of the Year Award Nomination for "Elsie Morden"
- MCMA Fans' Choice Award Nomination
- Represented by Vox Management Agency
- Over 20,000 fans online
- "Elsie Morden" reached #28 on iTunes
- "Elsie Morden" has over 650,000 streams on Spotify
- "Be Mine", the 10th track from "Elsie Morden", reached #92 on the BDS Canadian Country Radio chart
- "Spontaneous", Elsie's latest single from "Elsie Morden", received support from 46 radio stations across Canada
- Airplay on Sirius XM Channel 171 CBC Country
- Canaan Mountain Music Fest Country Horizon Artist Contest - 2nd Place
- SOCAN Song House participant at the East Coast Music Association Awards
- Dauphin's Countryfest
- Diamonds in the Rough Showcase at Canadian Country Music Week (London, ON, Saskatoon, SK, and Calgary, AB)
- Nova Scotia Music Week
- East Coast Music Unplugged with Eastlink TV
- Halifax Urban Folk Festival
- Deep Roots Music Festival
- Canaan Mountain Music Festival
- Music Mountain Festival
- East Coast Country Night at Casino Nova Scotia
- The Winnipeg Folk Festival
- Summer in the City Festival
- The Winkler Harvest Festival
- CIOE 97.5 Community Radio East Coast Music Winter Showcase
- Over 600 performances across Canada