ELECTRONIC PRESS KIT - MUSIC
Born in Manitoba, raised in British Columbia and Manitoba, and currently living in Halifax, Nova Scotia, country artist Elsie Morden has proven to be one to watch.
The 25-year-old natural entertainer already has several impressive performances under her belt including Dauphin's Countryfest, Canaan Mountain Music Festival, The Diamonds in the Rough Showcase at Canadian Country Music Week, The Winnipeg Folk Festival, and Nova Scotia Music Week. Elsie has shared the stage with Juno-Award-Winning artists Rose Cousins and Old Man Luedecke and many others including The Wilkinsons, Sierra Noble, Dave Gunning, Christina Martin, Petric, and The Town Heroes. She was chosen to participate in the 2019 SOCAN Song House at the East Coast Music Association Awards in Charlottetown, PE. The 2017 Music Nova Scotia Country Recording of the Year Award Nominee and Manitoba Country Music Association Female Artist of the Year Award Nominee’s self-titled, debut, full-length album was co-produced and written entirely by Elsie Morden. The album reached #28 on iTunes and has over 650,000 streams on Spotify.
The "Elsie Morden" album features the talents of Dave Wasyliw (Doc Walker), Murray Pulver (Doc Walker, Crash Test Dummies), Ariel Posen (Chad Brownlee, The Bros Landreth), Cody Iwasiuk (The Bros Landreth, Begonia, Don Amero), Brennan Wall (Jess Moskaluke, David James, Bobby Wills), Joey Landreth (The Bros Landreth), Kenny Byrka (Sleddogs), Shawn Dealey (Doc Walker, Counting Crows, Avril Lavigne), Rich Chycki (Rush, Aerosmith, Pink), and Rob Wells (Ariana Grande, Justin Bieber, Selena Gomez).
Through Elsie's diverse catalog of honest, original, and relatable songs, listeners of the album will get to know her as an artist and as a person. Whether it's making you want to dance, "Dance with You", bringing you back to high school, "Behind Those Trees", making your heart full with an appreciation for loved ones, "You're the Best", or helping you get over a tough relationship, "Leave", the 10 track album has something for everyone. The lead single "Be Mine", a fun, catchy, upbeat song, cracked the top 100 songs on the BDS Canadian Country Radio Chart. "Spontaneous", an energetic and flirty song about unexpected love received support from 46 stations across Canada including Sirius XM Channel 171 CBC Country. Elsie's music has been compared to the sounds of Kacey Musgraves, Taylor Swift, and Brandi Carlile.
During the fall of 2018, Elsie traveled all the way from Newfoundland to Vancouver Island over the course of 3.5 months and put on 100 performances specifically for youth, sharing songs that she has written including the incredibly moving “Outsiders”, track 6 from her album. Along the way, Elsie visited several country radio stations to promote the shows and her single “Spontaneous”. Since 2012, Elsie has completed various radio tours and over 600 performances across Canada. Her perseverance and ability to connect with audiences separate her from the rest!
The multi-talented artist is currently working on her next release and second album.
Elsie Morden's love for music, consistent determination, a pure heart-warming voice, and the ability to play several instruments, are sure signs that this motivated and inspirational singer-songwriter has what it takes to make her dream of becoming a star a reality.
- Music Nova Scotia Country Recording of the Year Award Nomination for "Elsie Morden"
- The Coast's Best of Halifax Award Nomination for "Best New Artist"
- MCMA Female Artist of the Year Award Nomination
- MCMA Emerging Artist of the Year Award Nomination
- MCMA Song of the Year (Songwriter) Award Nomination for "Be Mine"
- MCMA Music Video of the Year Award Nomination for "Be Mine"
- MCMA Album of the Year Award Nomination for "Elsie Morden"
- MCMA Fans' Choice Award Nomination
- Represented by Vox Management Agency
- Over 20,000 fans online
- "Elsie Morden" reached #28 on iTunes
- "Elsie Morden" has over 650,000 streams on Spotify
- "Be Mine", the 10th track from "Elsie Morden", reached #92 on the BDS Canadian Country Radio chart
- "Spontaneous", Elsie's latest single from "Elsie Morden", received support from 46 radio stations across Canada
- Airplay on Sirius XM Channel 171 CBC Country
- Canaan Mountain Music Fest Country Horizon Artist Contest - 2nd Place
- SOCAN Song House participant at the East Coast Music Association Awards
- Dauphin's Countryfest
- Diamonds in the Rough Showcase at Canadian Country Music Week (London, ON, Saskatoon, SK, and Calgary, AB)
- Nova Scotia Music Week
- East Coast Music Unplugged with Eastlink TV
- Halifax Urban Folk Festival
- Deep Roots Music Festival
- Canaan Mountain Music Festival
- Music Mountain Festival
- East Coast Country Night at Casino Nova Scotia
- The Winnipeg Folk Festival
- Summer in the City Festival
- The Winkler Harvest Festival
- CIOE 97.5 Community Radio East Coast Music Winter Showcase
- Over 600 performances across Canada